One of the main features of the Process and Product Design program from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is expressed in its name: besides attention to process design much attention is paid to the relation between the process and the structure and functionality of the product. This leads to the integration of process and product related disciplines in the development, design, and operationalization of processes. More and more, process engineers are finding employment in the performance products manufacturing industry.
Mission and vision
The program is directed at the broad field of the process and product industry and aims to prepare the course participants for leading functions in the field of process design and knowledge-intensive product development.
The objective is to develop their ability to define feasible targets, to identify and acquire the available means, and to synthesize these skills in the form of a completed result within the time agreed on. Linked to this all is the ability to work in and lead a usually multidisciplinary team. These are characteristic qualities for the profession of design engineer in the process and product industry.
What you'll study
In the first year of the program, attention is mainly focused on deepening and broadening of knowledge. Special post-master's courses are offered in study blocks. The second year focuses on the design project.
Each year, a selection of about twenty graduates is admitted to the program. To apply for our PPD Course, students need to have a Masters Degree (M.Sc), preferably in chemical engineering, or at least have a firm background in chemical engineering. Applicants without the proper academic background will not be considered by our Selection Committee. All courses in the program are taught in English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plant Design and Scale Up
- Product Design
- Applied Statistics
- Project Management
- Polymer Reaction Engineering
- Chemical Thermodynamics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Informatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 6 other PhDs in Informatics & Information Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are requested to send:
- a well-motivated application
- an extensive curriculum vitae
- translated certificates certified by their University
- certified lists of marks
- two letters of recommendations from two professors
- a passport photograph
- a copy of their passport
- the address of the website of the university and department where they received their certificate (including a link to the course descriptions of your program)
- An executive summary of your master thesis.
- A proof of English (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL test)
- Intake in the PPD program is both multidisciplinary and international. Candidates must have an academic degree (MSc) with a technological or similar background. Foreign course participants must have a firm background in chemical engineering. In addition to the common program, Dutch and English courses are provided for the foreign students. The Dutch course is not compulsory for foreign students.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Because you are a trainee, you do not have to pay a tuition fee.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.