The PhD programme in Economics and Business is located at the School of Economics and Business, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
"Economics and business" is interpreted in a broad sense to include, inter alia, entrepreneurship, innovation and organizational theory.
The aim of the Economics and Business programme of the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) is to qualify candidates for research of international standard within all the department’s subject areas, and for other work that require scientific insight and analytical thinking and skills.
PhD students learn to work in accordance with recognized principles of academic and research ethics.
The PhD programme in Economics and Business shall qualify candidates for research of international standard within all the department’s subject areas, and for other work where there are high demands on scientific insight and analytical thinking. Students must learn to work in accordance with recognised principles of academic and research ethics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Ethics and Philosophy of Science
- Microeconomic Theory
- Topics in environmental economics
- Development Economics: Methods and Policy Analysis
- Climate Economics
- Intellectual Property Rights
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The application must contain:
- Certified diplomas from the education on which admission will be based
- Documentation of written and oral English skills
- A simplified project description (as an appendix)
- An account of the necessary infrastructure
- A request to use a language other than English or Norwegian in the thesis, if relevant
- A proposal for a principal supervisor and co-supervisor(s)
- A list of sources of funding
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Since NMBU is a publicly funded state university, there are no tuition fees. However, most students must pay a small semester fee.
Living costs for Ås
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.