The Science and Technology programme of the Norwegian University of Life Sciences consists of the following study options:
- Applied informatics,
- Applied mathematics,
- Structural engineering, building technology and architecture,
- Mechanical and process technology,
- Water and environmental technology,
- Science and mathematics education,
The PhD programme in Science and Technology shall qualify candidates for research of international standard within all the faculty’s subject areas, where there are high demands on scientific insight and analytical thinking in accordance with recognised principles of academic and research ethics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- An educational and research plan is drawn up together with the candidate and the principal supervisor / research group at the start of the programme of study. It is finalised during the first year partly by means of the compulsory introductory seminar.
- The required coursework totals 30 credits (though the candidate can take more on a voluntary basis) to ensure that the candidate has adequate time for his/her own research, which is the most important part of a PhD programme in science and technology. Five of these credits must be in research ethics.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Applciation: the latest two months after the start-up date.
DisciplinesEducation Natural Sciences General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A master's degree with a scope of at least 120 credits (ECTS) that is based on a bachelor’s degree of minimum 180 credits (ECTS), or a cand.med.vet. degree, or an integrated master’s degree with a scope of minimum 300 credits (ECTS).
- English language skills.
- You must be able to document provision of full funding for the entire contract period (i.e. 3 years full-time study). The most common form of financing is the appointment of a PhD fellowship position.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Since NMBU is a publicly funded state university, there are no tuition fees. However, most students must pay a small semester fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.