To this purposes the PhD scholar program is organized in two parallel curricula:
- Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
- Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics
Students will choose a research project as proposed by members of the teaching staff involved in the School and they will be supervised by an experienced tutor, with the possibility to add an external tutor.
The PhD Course in Pharmacological Sciences at University of Padova offers interdisciplinary seminars, and additional training in presentation seminars and workshops ithus preparing doctoral candidates for work in international and multidisciplinary environments.
At the end of three years, students are required to present the PhD thesis describing their experimental work, which will be assessed by a commission of experts.
The final dissertation will confer the title of Research Doctor, or Doctor Europaeus if special conditions are met (thesis written in English, research work in another European country for a minimum of 3 months and dissertation at international examination panel).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Neuro-degenerative disorders: molecular mechanisms, genetics, and studies of therapeutic interventions
- Autonomic nervous system on bronchial function, new pharmacological agents.
- Enteric nervous system and immune system, search for therapeutic targets .
- Cardiovascular diseases, aging, gender and pharmacological responses
- Antitumoral compounds and mechanisms in drug resistance
- Metabolomics and lipidomics studies to the identification of new drug targets
- Immune system and search for molecular pharmacological targets
- Pharmacological modulation of chronic inflammatory diseases
- Medicinal plants as source of pharmacological agents
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Anyone in possession of the following, regardless of nationality, may apply to take part in the selection process:
- diploma di laurea (pre-reform regime);
- laurea specialistica/magistrale (post-reform regime);
- Second-level academic qualifications awarded by AFAM (Higher Education in Art and Music) institutions.
International374 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 187 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA374 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 187 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.