Each student has a main supervisor (SUPERVISOR) and a co-supervisor from the other curriculum, who cooperates with the supervisor in guiding the student along an interdisciplinarity path.
Students follow a personalized program, shared with the Faculty and the supervisors, and based on their discipline of origin, their research interests and their research project.
During the first year, enrolled graduate students have classes organized into an interdisciplinary curriculum. Starting from the second year, students focus on the topic of their doctoral thesis and spend at least three months at an International research center, working on issues relevant to their doctoral project followed by supervisors and Faculty.
Professional figures coming out of this PhD program
This PhD in Brain, Mind and Computer Science program at University of Padova aims to train professionals and scientific figures that can position themselves between computer science, engineering, cognitive neuroscience and social science. Resulting professional figures are for example:
- Experts in the field of human-computer interaction, ergonomics and interaction;
- Experts in computer science with focus on applied cognitive science and the social sciences;
- Experts in design, development and use of technologies for e-health/well-being, neurocognitive rehabilitation, assistive technology for the elderly;
- Experts in the design and development of user-centric technologies for industrial and professional fields in general;
- Experts in assistive and accessible technologies;
- Experts in computer-mediated communication;
- Experts in Neuropsychological approaches mediated by technology and Cybertherapy.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Methodological foundations and statistics in cognitive science
- Foundations of cognitive neuroscience
- Sensory and perceptual memory and learning
- Human-computer interaction
- How to write and present scientific results
- Tools and applications of machine learning
- Scenarios of Internet of things
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Project description: Please prepare the project description making sure that it is no longer than 2000 words and that it contains the following sections: Research project title, background of your work based on an updated state of the art in the domain of your research project, project overall goal, expected advances to the discpline, expected impact or outcomes, research plan (main phases of the planned work, expected duration, dependence relation between phases), interdisciplinary aspects of the project, references
- CV specifically prepared
International376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.