The mission of the Land, Environment, Resources and Health programme at University of Padova is to understand the processes governing natural and agricultural ecosystems and food quality and to train researchers in integrated strategies for the management of natural resources, for promoting an intersectoral rural and agri-food development and associated bio-based economic activities. The emphasis is on basic and applied research on agri-forest ecosystems, sustainable technologies, innovative management options and integrated policies.
An international network
LERH has a Collaborative Doctoral Partnership (CDP) agreement with the EC Joint Research Centre (JRC) for supporting research activities of the PhD students of common interest. LERH is participating to the Erasmus Mundus program Forest and Nature for Society (FONASO) supported by the European Commission to enhance and promote European higher education throughout the world. FONASO Consortium includes globally top ranked universities and leading International research organisations. The programme builds on existing research schools and environments, taking the best from each to build up joint supervision, activities and doctoral candidate courses. The Consortium consists of 7 partner institutions and 13 associate institutions.Our partner institutions in the FONASO program are:
- University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
- Bangor University, UK
- Dresden University, Germany
- University of Göttingen, Germany
- AgroParisTech, France
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Consumer Attitudes Towards Food Quality Attributes
- Geographical Indications
- Forest Governance Issues Related To Illegal Logging, Deforestation, Forest Degradation And Corruption
- Wine Economics And Policy
- The Role Of Social Innovation In Enhancing The Adaptation Capacity Of Rural Communities To Climate Change
- Economic Valuation Of Environmental Resources And Non-market Goods
- Energy Markets And Demand Analysis
- Community-based Forest Management: Resilience, Adaptation And Impact On Natural Resources
- Landscape And Economy
- Italian Food Exports And Foreign Consumer Perception
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have the Italian Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale or an academic qualification issued by a foreign university and recognized as equivalent to the aforementioned qualifications by the academic authorities or by interuniversity agreements of cooperation and mobility.
- a very good university degree and documented research achievements (CV - Europass format);
- publications, preferably in journals with peer review;
- a research synopsis that closely relates to one of the LERH research topics
- academic references
- letter of motivation
International376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.