The Benefits of Doing a PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at Saint Mary’s University
- Build independent research programs in cognate areas of Industrial/Organizational Psychology at Saint Mary's University
- Participate in collaborative research and practice with faculty and student colleagues.
- Develop specialized expertise in the application of organizational research methods including leading edge quantitative analytic techniques.
- Work with organizations to develop and evaluate novel solutions to real world problems.
- Opportunities to teach and develop pedagogical skills.
- Work with the largest concentration of I/O faculty members in Canada and connect with the CN Centre for Occupational Health & Safety.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students work closely with faculty members and each other to conduct novel research in a supportive research environment. Faculty members mentor students on occupational health psychology, leadership, work stress, organizational justice, human factors, organizational climate, organizational conflict and negotiation, gender, and employee recruitment, selection, and performance.
- Specialized course work with small cohorts of students builds content knowledge and often includes applied outreach and research activities. Opportunities to develop teaching skills in the undergraduate program at Saint Mary’s University are often available to interested PhD students.
- A master’s degree in I/O Psychology or equivalent
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 (B+ average)
International14607 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14607 CAD per year during 36 months.
National7879 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7879 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Halifax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.