The PhD in Marketing programme at BI Norwegian Business School focuses on developing the doctoral candidates' theoretical knowledge and methodological skills required to become successful marketing researchers.
The department seeks candidates with a strong background in disciplines that are fundamental to marketing such as economics, psychology and statistics; candidates are intellectually curious, interested in an academic career in research and teaching, and possess strong communication and analytical skills. It is expected that graduates of the programme will be placed at leading research institutions. Previous placements include Cass Business School, Grenoble Ecole de Management, Nanyang University, and University of Groningen.
Features of the programme
- Highly international profile
- Focus on international academic communication and knowledge dissemination through journal publications and conference participation
- PhD seminars are taught by international experts in the respective areas of research
- The PhD course program provides a thorough training, with in-depth courses in consumer behavior, modeling and strategy
- All PhD candidates receive financial support while in the programme
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of research included:
- Consumer behavior
- Marketing strategy and marketing modeling
- Business-to-business marketing
- International marketing
- Services marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMarketing Commerce Retail Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- have at least five years of higher education
- hold a two year scientific Master's degree (MSc) (120 ECTS) with B average or better
- hold a Master's degree that includes thesis work (15 to 30 ECTS)
- hold a Master's degree within the fields of economics and business administration or an area in which BI offers a PhD specialisation
- hold degree(s) from an accredited institution or an institution recognised by NOKUT
In particular cases GMAT or GRE tests and/or TOEFL or IELTS tests may be required. Applicants will be informed if this is needed.
BI will need percentile scores and raw scores for the Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical Writing sections of the GRE or GMAT to consider your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
There are no tuition fees in the PhD programme at BI. However in order to have an application to the PhD programme at BI considered you need to have funding.
Living costs for Oslo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.