For example, using a robot in a manufacturing process exposes the need explained above. With the help of the Mechatronics Engineering Ph.D. Program from Istanbul Okan University this need will be met by educating expert engineers who will use these advanced technological products effectively.
Besides the transfer of the results of scientific research-development without any delay, new development principles, new perception and information technologies, new control and process philosophies that maintain the success of the system at a very high level form the most important challenge of our time. The design, implementation and operation of mechatronics systems permit the use of all types of new concepts and applications in a flexible manner because these systems are based more on software than hardware.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ph.D. Thesis
- Fundamentals of Engineering Mathematics
- Automotive Mechatronics
- Advanced Vehicle Dynamics
- Automotive Electrics and Electronics
- Advanced Internal Combustion Engines
- DSP-Based Electromechanical Motion Control
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Control of Advanced Powertrain Systems
- Vehicle Dynamics Control
- Advanced Power Electronics
- Advanced Electric Drives
- Advanced Electronic Design Techniques
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 4 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in Turkey
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical, Electrical-Electronics, Electronics, Electronic and Communication, Control or Computer Engineering and must have completed a thesis/non-thesis master's degree in one of the above areas or (B) Admission decision for bachelors and master graduates of other disciplines will be given by the Program Admission Committee.
- GRE (quantitative): at least 610 (old system), at least 149 (new system) or ALES (quantitative): at least 55 points or GMAT (Total): at least 450 points.
- At least one national/international refereed conference or journal paper.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
National3000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.