At Statistics from University of Geneva master students with a solid background in Mathematics, or Statistics, are strongly encouraged to apply for admission. Motivated students with a quantitative background in a different field are also eligible for admission.
Students are required to submit their thesis subject within the Scientific Committee’s set deadline (but no later than four semesters after admission). The Ph.D. manuscripts should be submitted at the latest during the 9th semester. Within 3 months, the thesis committee and the Ph.D. candidates will meet – in a form decided by the president of the thesis committee – to discuss the theses. At the end of this meeting, the thesis committee may request changes.
Students at Finance from University of Statistics will:
- gain high-quality education for an academic career in the field of Statistics
- benefit from their close interaction with the faculty, dedicated PhD classes and research seminars, and regular brown bag talks with renowned visiting scholars.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Statistical Inference
- Selected Topics in Statistics
- Model selection in high dimensions
- Policy and program evaluation : statistical and econometric tools
- CUSO Doctoral School in Statistics and Applied Probability
- Research Seminar in Statistics
- PhD Research Workshop
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 3 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The letter from their potential thesis advisor
- A motivation letter mentioning "Application for PhD program in Statistics"
- Their CV
- A copy of their diplomas
- If available, copies of their bachelor and master exam transcripts
- The names of two academic references who can be contacted.
International924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 462 EUR per semester and a duration of 60 months.
EU/EEA924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 462 EUR per semester and a duration of 60 months.
CHF 500.- per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.