The courses included in the course work shall provide the candidates with training in theory and methods that provide academic depth and breadth in their own subject, at the same time as the subject is placed in a larger framework.
The Business programme of Nord University qualifies for varied assignments that require high competence and very good analytical skills. Many continue in academia with teaching and research, while others choose positions in public or private business.
As a doctoral student at Nord University Business School you work closely with leading professors within an interesting and dynamic research environment. We encourage our students to take part of their studies abroad both by participating in international conferences and research stays.
A doctoral degree in business from Nord University Business School qualifies successful candidiates for demanding academic and research activities in higher education, or in business and industry. We aim to provide a first class PhD programme, which prepares candidates for careers within education and research at leading insitutions, as well as for careers that demand expertise and analytical skills.
- Research Design and Scientific Methods in Business Research
- Contemporary strands of institutional theory and their application to management and accounting
- Foundations and Future Perspectives in Entrepreneurship Research
- Ethics, Nature and Society
- Governance in the High North: implications for Arctic private and public sector
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission to PhD studies at the Business School normally requires five years of tertiary education within the field of business (Master of Science), or equivalent education in which at least 2 years (120 ECTS) are at a Master degree level.
- At least 90 ECTS must be in a subject area that is relevant for the PhD project. Normally, the 2 year Master degree must include a Master thesis with a grade point average of B (or the equivalent) for the thesis and the entire Master degree.
- An experience-based master's degree of 90 or 120 ECTS credits is in principle not intended to qualify for admission to the PhD program.
- Satisfactory results are required on language tests (TOEFL or IELTS). Exceptions are granted for candidates with a master's degree from a Nordic institution.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
There is no tuition fee, only for registrations, photocopies, sit for exam and welfare of 142 Euro per year.
Living costs for Bodø
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.