Development Economics from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies introduces you to the heart of many current policy debates. What works and what does not in terms of social programmes geared towards reducing poverty, child malnutrition, or the spread of HIV/AIDS? What policies should a country follow in order to ensure sustained economic growth and an equitable distribution of income?
Students at Development Economics from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies will:
- gain knowledge about the determinants of economic growth,
- know about carefully-crafted microeconomic work in which rigorously constructed theories are tested in developing countries,
- be using cutting-edge experimental or quasi-experimental techniques, Development Economics
- Political science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Development Econometrics View 24 other PhDs in Economics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should hold, or at least receive upon arrival, a master’s degree or its equivalent in a discipline relevant to your study programme, from an accredited university.
- A thesis proposal should be submitted that describes your research project.
- All students must have an excellent command of English.
International7398 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7398 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4623 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4623 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Swiss residents: CHF 5,000 per year
- Non-residents: CHF 8,000 per year
Living costs for Genève
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.