International Economics from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies is a challenging degree tailored for exceptional students with a strong commitment to economics and a proven ability for inquisitive, independent work.
Students at International Economics from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies will:
- have a substantial contribution to economics
- combine independent research with the formal methodologies and tools of modern economics.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations International Business View 22 other PhDs in Economics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and/or in Switzerland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should hold, or at least receive upon arrival, a master’s degree or its equivalent in a discipline relevant to your study programme, from an accredited university.
- A thesis proposal should be submitted that describes your research project.
- All students must have an excellent command of English.
International7398 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7398 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4623 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4623 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Swiss residents: CHF 5,000 per year
- Non-residents: CHF 8,000 per year
Living costs for Genève
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.