The Art History - Gender and Women's Studies phd degree from McGill University is an interdisciplinary program for students who meet the degree requirements in Art History who wish to earn 9 credits of approved coursework focusing on gender and women's studies, and issues in feminist research and methods.
The student's doctoral thesis must be on a topic centrally relating to issues of gender and/or women's studies.
- A thesis for the doctoral degree must constitute original scholarship and must be a distinct contribution to knowledge.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Professional Seminar
- Ph.D. Comprehensive Examination
- Feminist Theories and Methods
- Feminist Research Symposium
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Art History View 11 other PhDs in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
- Writing Sample (in English or French)
- Research Proposal (Research Statement)
International16122 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16122 CAD per year during 36 months.
National2624 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2624 CAD per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.