This Public Policy and Governance at the University of New South Wales combines postgraduate coursework study in advanced policy work with doctoral research.
Our professional degree in applied research draws on your real-world policy knowledge and develops your policy leadership, expertise and research skills.
Working with some of Australia’s leaders in public policy and governance, students will develop broad research and analytical skills and conduct their own original research that will contribute to academic scholarship in their area of interest.
Leadership in professional policy work requires experience, in-depth applied study and sophisticated research skills.
The Professional Doctorate in Public Policy & Governance prepares mid-career policy makers for policy leadership roles within their relevant professional field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Public Policy and Governance (PrDoc) is designed as a three year full-time equivalent program, structured as one-third coursework (equivalent to one year full-time, Year 1) and two-thirds research (equivalent to two years full-time, Years 2 and 3).
- All coursework must be completed before the commencement of the dissertation.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Course Code: 084048M
- A minimum 2 years post-qualifying professional policy practice experience within either the government, nongovernment or private sectors;
- A demonstrated capacity for independent research under the guidance of a supervisor at the doctoral level;
- A first-class (High Distinction) Honours degree or equivalent in a cognate discipline such as social sciences or policy.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.