The aim of the International Graduate Program in Language Sciences program of Tohoku University is to promote interdisciplinary education and research concerning human language from multiple perspectives of linguistics, psychology, brain science and information science.
Based on recent development in linguistics and other relevant disciplines, the program seeks comprehensive understanding of issues associated with linguistic communication, language acquisition and loss, language and brain, and natural language processing.
The program is conducted in collaboration with the Research Center for Language, Brain and Cognition.
- Language science
- Research methods in linguistics
- Cognitive linguistics
- Contrastive linguistics
- Generative syntax
- Language in society and culture
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificate of Graduation (or Expected Graduation)
- Academic Transcript: A transcript issued from the graduate school where your Master’s degree was conferred, and which bears the graduate school’s formal seal on it.
- Statement of Research Plan: Describe your research plan in English in a full paper in size A4 within 2,000 words.
- A Sample Research Paper written in English
- Master’s Thesis or Statement of Master’s Thesis Plan
- A Photocopy of Formal Certificate of TOEFL® test score, TOEIC® test score or IELTS band score
International5172 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2586 USD per semester during 36 months.
National5172 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2586 USD per semester during 36 months.
- 267,900 JPY per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.