The proseminars expose students to current academic issues, theoretical propositions, and professional questions.
- Students may substitute for the two second-term seminars one extended supervised Optional Research Project.
- Courses in the English phd program from McGill University must be chosen in order to make possible the identification of a major and a minor area of concentration.
- Research Seminar
- Compulsory Research Project
- Dissertation Proposal
- Research Project
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the doctoral program is highly competitive. Generally, outstanding students with the M.A. degree in hand apply to the doctoral program and are accepted into Ph.D. 2. In very rare circumstances, outstanding graduates of B.A. programs will be considered for “fast-tracking” into the doctoral program, entering at Ph.D. 1.
- For their first year, students follow the M.A. program (Thesis option) and, if their work is given a strong evaluation at the end of the first year, they then go on to complete the remaining requirements of the Ph.D. program.
International16122 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16122 CAD per year during 36 months.
National2624 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2624 CAD per year during 36 months.
McGill University is committed to provide financial support for graduate education. Through Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) and other academic units, McGill is working to increase the number of student fellowships and scholarships, exploring new avenues for student support, and making it easier to disburse existing funds. Our competitive funding support offers, coupled with Montreal’s low cost of living, makes graduate studies at McGill a wise educational investment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.