The Ph.D. program prepares students with the advanced epidemiological research skills needed to undertake original contributions to new knowledge related to the determinants of health and disease, prevention, prognosis, treatment, and outcomes.
- The Epidemiology program at McGill University is generally completed in four to five years. Graduates will be prepared to engage in scientific collaboration, and communicate results to other scientists and diverse audiences.
- They will go on to careers in public health, health planning, and quality monitoring in local, regional, federal, and international health authorities, statistical and technology assessment agencies, the pharmaceutical industry, and in clinical and academic research organizations.
- Ph.D. Comprehensive Examination
- Ph.D. Proposal
- Principles of Study Design
- Doctoral Level Epidemiologic Methods
- Doctoral Seminar in Epidemiology
- Research Design in Health Sciences
- Applicants to the Ph.D. program must hold a Master's degree in Epidemiology, or Public Health, or its equivalent. Applicants who hold a Master’s degree in another area can sometimes be considered.
- Applicants who are admitted to the Ph.D. Epidemiology program without an M.Sc. in Epidemiology are expected to ensure that they have sufficient preparation for the Ph.D. level courses.
International16122 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16122 CAD per year during 36 months.
National2624 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2624 CAD per year during 36 months.
McGill University is committed to provide financial support for graduate education. Through Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) and other academic units, McGill is working to increase the number of student fellowships and scholarships, exploring new avenues for student support, and making it easier to disburse existing funds. Our competitive funding support offers, coupled with Montreal’s low cost of living, makes graduate studies at McGill a wise educational investment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.