Admission to the Ph.D. Islamic Studies program at the McGill University will be granted on the basis of the Admissions Committee's opinion that the applicant can successfully fulfil the academic requirements of the program within an appropriate span of time.
- The language component of the degree is demanding; students are required to have knowledge of Arabic or Persian, a second Islamic language, and a research, usually European, language.
- Our Institute has been extremely successful in placing its Ph.D. graduates in top-ranking academic jobs in North America. Institute alumni now hold positions at Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, as well as at leading Canadian universities. Our graduates help to ensure that a plurality of approaches to Islamic civilization is available to the students of today and tomorrow.
- Introductory: Research Materials - Islamic Studies
- Comprehensive Examination
- Feminist Theories and Methods
- Feminist Research Symposium
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 9 other PhDs in Language Studies in Canada
- Online application and application fee
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Writing sample/portfolio
- A research supervisor
- Study permits/student visas
International20972 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10486 CAD per semester during 72 months.
National5602 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2801 CAD per semester during 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.