Research in experimental areas deals with theoretical questions in light of evidence from another domain (language acquisition, neurolinguistics, processing, language variation, and change).
- The Ph.D. Linguistics degree at the McGill University involves intensive coursework in year 1, additional coursework and completion of two evaluation papers in years 2 and 3, and thesis research and writing in years 4 and 5.
- This program is principally intended for students who wish to pursue a career in academia.
- Graduate Research Seminar
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Ph.D. Evaluation
- Linguistic Field Research
- Experimental Linguistics: Methods
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 10 other PhDs in Language Studies in Canada
- Online application and application fee
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Writing sample/portfolio
- A research supervisor
- Study permits/student visas
International20972 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10486 CAD per semester during 60 months.
National5602 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2801 CAD per semester during 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.