The role of medicine has expanded from diagnosis and treatment of illness to its prevention and the enhancement of health, in order to meet the demand of not only ill persons, but of everyone who wishes to lead a healthy and dignified life. This is providing ever increasing roles for health science experts to play in contemporary society; in the field of nursing science, quantum radiation science (radiological science) and medical technology science.
Since the establishment of the Health Sciences Department from Kyushu University in April 2003, we have focused on producing graduates who possess a strong sense of humility and sufficient knowledge of the health sciences, are capable of meeting the social demand for medicine, and are also capable of becoming researchers and educators. In April 2007, we also established the Graduate School of Medical Science with a Master's course in health science with the express purpose of nurturing “researchers and educators who are capable of creative research and development in the field of health science, and persons with a scholarly mind who can make contributions to practical medicine and become the leaders of medical organizations.”In April 2009, we added doctoral courses to the Department of Health Science. Our basic goal is to achieve a high level of scholarship in the field of health science and develop researchers and educators who are capable of independent research, and also versatile graduates capable of practicing medicine as well as research and education in the field of nursing and medical technology. The doctoral courses of medicine, dentistry and pharmacy have already commenced on the same campus. We will promote cooperation across different medical disciplines, create an educational base and research center for health science, and finally return the fruits of our labors back to the local community and international society.
- Reseach Method in Nursing Educational Method
- Special Seminar in Nursing Educational Method
- Care and Support System in Health
- Pediatric, Maternal, Women's health care system
- Community Nursing
- Quantum Radiation Science and Technology
- Clinical Quantum Science
- Biological Sciences and Technology
- Medical Science and Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission to this course is offered to students based on the criteria described below. Our students, majoring in the field of health science, are expected to possess the will to become an educator/researcher capable of independent research, or a practical leader with a scholarly mind who can serve the field of clinical medicine and/or play an active role in businesses.
- Applicants must be citizens of countries other than Japan
- A Master's Degree, a professional degree or equivalent
International5164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per semester during 36 months.
National5164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per semester during 36 months.
- 267,900 Yen per semester
Living costs for Fukuoka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.