The Human Science Course consists of a Master program and a Doctoral program for both Japanese and non-Japanese students and educates students mainly in Japanese. However, the educational language of subjects is changed to English when students of the Human Science International Course also follow the lectures.
Course students can acquire profound specialization in human science, yet with wide background knowledge; the Master program is designed in such a way that students can study subjects of the three Sections mentioned in the above, without bias to a certain Section. The Master program has one enrollment in April, and the Doctoral program has two enrollments in April and October. All enrollment examinations are held on our campus.
Students will be able to study subjects from three Sections, named Physiological Anthropology, Perceptual Psychology, and Applied Mathematics and Computer Science. Doctoral students can follow all lectures provided from these three Sections in English.
- Human Sensibility and Emotion
- Advanced Environment Ergonomics
- Advanced Ergonomics for All Ages and Abilities
- Assistive Technology and Science for Life Activity
- Advanced Visual Physiology
- Auditory Physiology
- Visual Perception
- Auditory Perception
- Time Perception
- Advanced Color Science
Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Computational Intelligence
- Mathematical Modeling in Biology
- Advanced Computational Statistics
- Advanced Machine Learning
- HS Training
- HS Project Study I
- HS Project Study II
- HS Seminar III
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Basically, applicants must not be native citizens of Japan, and are required to satisfy one of the following qualifications:
- Application type 1: Those who hold a Master's degree, from an accredited institution in/outside Japan, or will obtain a degree up until one day before their enrollment date in the schedule table below
- Application type 2: Those who are evaluated in an individual screening of requirements for admission of the Graduate School to have an academic ability equal to or surpassing that of a holder of a Master's degree, and who will be 24 years old or over one day before their enrollment date
International5164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per semester during 36 months.
National5164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per semester during 36 months.
- 267,900 Yen per semester
Living costs for Fukuoka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.