Graduates of the Education at James Cook University will demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills:
With intellectual independence
With initiative and creativity in new situations and/or for further learning
With full responsibility and accountability for personal outputs
To plan and execute original research
With the ongoing capacity to generate new knowledge, including in the context of professional practice.
JCU Doctor of Philosophy graduates are internationally recognised as experts who discover valuable new knowledge in their fields.
The future for PhD graduates is diverse. The skills you develop during your PhD allow you to gain a toolkit for theoretical and practical approaches to problems and innovation with social and commercial impact. This will allow you to take on leadership roles across industry, government and academic sectors in a range of roles and contexts including researcher, practitioner, and research manager.
James Cook University (JCU) offers courses and programs leading to officialy recognized higher education degrees such as undergraduate certificates/diplomas, bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Planning the Research: Doctoral Candidates
- Situating the Research: Doctoral Candidates
- Professional Development: Doctoral Candidates
- Doctor of Philosophy Research Thesis (Education)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation View 12 other Masters in Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class, Division A (Honours) in a degree program that included a total of at least a semester of supervised project work, the results of which contributed to the Honours grade;
- A postgraduate qualification which included: (a) supervised research component(s) of at least one semester or equivalent and resulted in the production of output(s) graded at the equivalent of Distinction or better, and (b) at least one research methods subject;
- A Research Masters degree, where at leasttwo-thirdss of the degree consisted of a supervised research component and resulted in the production of a thesis or equivalent;
- Cricos Code 081377G
International33600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33600 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
The JCU Access Fund could be the answer if money problems stand between you and a higher education at James Cook University (JCU). Your financial circumstances are taken into consideration when awarding these scholarships and bursaries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.