- To achieve this objective, the programme offers a wide range of courses in each of the three tracks. They include theoretical and applied linguistics, language development, research and teaching methodology, literature, history and culture, literary theory, translation theory, translation methodology, and interpreting.
- In addition to compulsory courses (incl. foreign-language courses and university-wide electives), students choose from a variety of departmental elective courses — small-class seminars in linguistics and literature — which change from semester to semester.
Research interests of faculty members fall into three main areas of study, which are organized as separate sections in the Department:
- Anglophone Literature and Cultural Studies
- Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
- Translation Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to the PhD programme is based on:
- The formal application (application sheets can be obtained from the Department)
- Certified copies of the BA and MA Degrees (or an official document certifying that the student will have graduated before the start of the Programme), plus a certified copy of the BA Degree script
- Full CV in English,
- The student’s initial statement of purpose (3-4 pages),
- Writing samples (which may include the Master’s thesis), and
- Three letters of recommendation.
International4 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4 EUR per year during 48 months.
- PhD students holders of master's degrees: Total fees €4.000.
- PhD students non-holders of master's degrees: Total fees €6.500.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.