Turkish Studies comprise the study of the Turkish and other Turkic languages, as well as the history, the literatures and the civilizations of Turkic peoples from the 8th century AD to the present day. The various fields of Turkish Studies are: Turkology or Turkic Studies, which deal with the whole spectrum of Turkic languages and literatures; Ottoman Studies, which focuses on the linguistic varieties, the history and the civilization of the Ottoman Empire (14th-20th century); Modern Turkish Studies, which deal with the politics, the literature, the economy and the society of Turkey in the 20th century; Islamic Studies, which are an integral part of Ottoman and Modern Turkish Studies and are related to Middle Eastern Studies, which cover the study of the Middle Eastern peoples (particularly Arab and Iranian), their languages and civilizations. Moreover, Turkish Studies also include the study of the Balkan peoples, in relation to the Ottoman and Turkish world.
- History-Politics: Sources, Analysis and Interpretation
- Linguistics: Sources, Analysis and Interpretation
- Literature: Sources, Analysis and Interpretation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall or Spring Semester
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Language Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
How to apply:
- Application through the Online Application System of the University
- Two signed letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes. Some departments require three reference letters, so before submitting your application, please read the Postgraduate Prospectus and any relevant departmental prospectus to ascertain the required number of reference letters.
- Copies of university degrees or a statement of expected graduation in the month preceding enrolment in the postgraduate programme.
- Transcripts as appropriate.
- Curriculum vitae
- A short statement (maximum two pages) of the student's research goals and interests.
International1333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA1333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.