Juridical Science program at Shanghai Jiao Tong University is open only to applicants who possess a distinguished prior academic record in law, show promise of outstanding scholarship, and demonstrate a high potential for completing a scholarly dissertation of required quality.
The S.J.D. program normally takes a minimum of three years. It will involve one to two semesters of course work. The student must successfully pass written and oral examinations in the general field of study before formal admission to candidacy. The student will be asked to prepare a research proposal, which must be accepted before research on the dissertation begins. The S.J.D. student's faculty committee will assess the student's progress, make recommendations, and hold an oral examination on the final draft of the dissertation.
The Doctor of Juridical Science program at Shanghai Jiao Tong University modeled on the Ph.D. programs in other disciplines, is designed for those seeking to pursue academic careers as teachers and scholars of law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Commercial Arbitration in China
- International Humanitarian Law
- Chinese Practice of International Law
- Chinese Environmental Law
- Chinese Human Rights and Labor Issues
- Contemporary Issues in Chinese Law Seminar
- Advanced legal research workshop
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form (pdf word）
- Official transcripts
- Degree Certificate
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- A writing sample
- A brief research proposal (3-5 pages)
- TOEFL or IELTS score for non-native speakers of English who did not receive their legal education entirely in the English language
- A copy of passport identification pages
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.