Students will attend multiple courses, including fundamentals in cognitive neuroscience, behavioural and social neuroscience, neuropsychology, psychophysiology and biosignals, neural basis of perception and experience-dependent plasticity, neural basis of consciousness and sleep, philosophy of science, critical thinking, structural and functional neuroimaging, basic and advanced methods for the analysis of behavioural, psychometric and neuroimaging data, cognitive economics and experimental social sciences.
In particular, the ognitive, Computational and Social Neurosciences (CCSN) programme of the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is designed to train researchers who will contribute to knowledge in areas such as multisensory perception, supramodality and cross-modality, experience-dependent plasticity, sleep and consciousness, action representation and motor control, emotions and social behaviour, neuroplasticity and learning, knowledge organization, neurolinguistics and semantic processing, social and antisocial behaviour, decision-making processes.
Input and Output Profiles
Candidates with a solid background in psychology, neuroscience, medicine, bioengineer and bionics, computer sciences, philosophy and logics, linguistics, social sciences, economics are strongly encouraged to apply. Because of the multidisciplinary nature of this doctorate track, applications are anyhow welcome from any area of knowledge, including both scientific and social fields and humanities.
Graduates from this doctorate track will be able to pursue a career in research and academic institutions, as well as in the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Neuroimaging
- Basic Linear Algebra and Statistics for Neuroscience
- Basic Principles and Applications of Brain Imaging Methodologies to Neuroscience
- Basic principles and Applications of Electrophysiology and Stimulation Tecniques
- Basic Programming for Neuroscience
- Biosignals, Bionics and Neuroscience
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- "Laurea Magistrale" or "Specialistica" (according to DM n° 509, of November 3, 1999), or a four- or five year degree (according to the previous rules of the Italian higher education system) obtained in Italy;
- Foreign degrees with a minimum duration equivalent to 4 years (full time). The 4-year duration should be considered a minimum but not sufficient requirement: the eligibility of degrees will be assessed by the Selection Committees.
- Knowledge of English language: Applicants are required to indicate their level of English
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
All PhD students admitted to the PhD are exempt from paying tuition fees, although they are still responsible for paying the yearly Regional Education Tax
Living costs for Lucca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.