Graduates from the Nanotechnology program of the Tecnológico de Monterrey are scientists who create knowledge to establish novel and innovative technologies that are relevant for the materials and manufacturing sectors, and understand basic phenomena within the field of Nano sciences. They work as leaders or as collaborators within national and international research groups, on areas such as Nano materials, Nano sensors and Nano photonics, among others.
The findings of their discoveries are important outcomes which should be submitted for peer-reviewed and academic publication, patents or conference proceedings. This knowledge transference as well as all of their professional activities follows legal, ethical and official norms.
At the completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the application of basic sciences and research methodology techniques on areas of Nano materials, Nano sensors and Nano photonics.
- Use research skills including materials preparation, characterization, critical evaluation, laboratory safety and experimental planning.
- Design experiments from the identification of the problems to the interpretation of results.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with their peers: mentors, research community, society and grant proposals.
- Make decisions with scientific judgment and critical thinking in their practice as researchers following legal, ethical and government regulations.
- Research Seminar
- Research Workshop
- Guided Research
- Integrated Exam
- Research Proposal
- Doctoral Research
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Tecnológico de Monterrey seeks to integrate in all its graduate programs a new generation of students who have completed their undergraduate studies and who are distinguished by being: talented people, enthusiastic, committed to the development of their environment and the well-being of society; people with the potential to successfully complete their program and become leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit, human sense and internationally competitive.
- Academic background: Master’s degree in an area related to the research lines of the program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.