These areas of the Information Engineering program from University of Pisa are mainly, but not exclusively, those related to the cultural, scientific and technological framework of the acquisition, processing, transmission, storage and use of information.
The need for such training stems from the continuous increase in requests for experts in the information technology area (both in the traditional areas and in the more modern areas of robotics and biotechnology), as well as from the great development of high-technology research and applications. Particular attention is paid to the aspect of interdisciplinarity: the Department by its very nature guarantees the skills, structures and opportunities necessary for a multi- and inter-disciplinary approach to research.
- Radar Systems
- Remote Sensing
- Sensors, Biosensors, and Intelligent Materials
- Signal and Image processing
- Vehicular and power electronics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Master's degree, or an equivalent academic qualification obtained abroad.This diploma will be examined and verified by the examining boards or the PhD Council.
- Candidates who possess a foreign academic degree equivalent in level, nature, contents and academic rights (access to further courses) to the Italian academic qualification required for admission to a PhD program may provide the consular documents of the academic degree (translation, legalization and declaration of value) with the sole aim to facilitate the evaluation of eligibility of the academic degree for admission to the PhD program.
International356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 36 months.
Depending on the country of origin and can vary from 356,000 euros up to 2.452,00 euros (including € 140,00 for Regional taxes, and € 16.00 for stamp duty).
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.