Taught by the Department of Finance, which is internationally recognised for its world-class research and research training and augmented by visitors from the world's top finance programs.
The Doctoral Program in Finance from University of Melbourne is made up of a 2-year Master of Commerce coursework program followed by a 3-year PhD.
Generous scholarships (full fee waivers and a stipend of AUD$30,000 per year) are available for high-performing applicants through the University of Melbourne.
Top-up funding of AUD $10,000 available for research, experiments and conferences during the research phase of the program.
Graduate Research candidates are provided with funding and encouraged to submit papers to prominent local and international finance journals and conferences. Students are also encouraged to apply for tutoring positions within the Department throughout their candidature.
Where will this take me?
The Melbourne Business School Doctoral program prepares graduates for research and teaching careers at top-ranked educational institutions and for careers where world-class research and advanced analytical skills are necessary.
- Asset pricing and portfolio/funds management
- Corporate finance and corporate governance
- Derivatives and risk management
- Financial institutions and regulation
- Market microstructure
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Taxation View 3 other PhDs in Taxation in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 056955G | 092762G
In order to be considered for entry, you must have completed:
- a four-year bachelor degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and have achieved a minimum weighted average of 75% (80% for Economics) in the final year subjects or (University of Melbourne) equivalent, or
- a masters degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and achieved a minimum weighted average of 75% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent, or
- a qualification and professional experience considered to be equivalent.
International45824 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45824 AUD per year during 60 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.