Students pursuing a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at Colorado State University will undertake advanced research under the mentorship of a faculty advisor (principal investigator), most often on a government or industry funded project as a paid research assistant.
The degree plan will involve consideration of a challenging problem utilizing analytical, experimental, and/or design techniques.
This research – in addition to coursework, exams, journal articles, and dissertation credits – will culminate in a final dissertation. The dissertation will contain new analytical knowledge, experimental knowledge, design knowledge, or a combination thereof. The dissertation must make an original contribution to the field.
- Mathematics for Scientists and Engineers
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Advanced Mechanical Systems
- Materials Issues in Mechanical Design
- Mechanical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 32 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school. Additionally separate transcripts are not required for study abroad credits if the GPA and credits are recorded on the transcript of the university that sponsored the study abroad experience. CSU transcripts are not required. Training course transcripts from branches of the U.S. military that show credit received with neither grades nor degrees awarded are exempt from the transcript requirement.
- Test scores such as GRE or GMAT, if required by department, should be submitted with institution code 4075.
- Any other materials that individual departments or programs may require of applicants.
- Regardless of citizenship, applicants may be required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency, if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English.
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 36 months.
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15130 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.