The students learn in detail theoretical basis of chemical and process engineering, bio-engineering and material engineering as well as experimental and practical aspects of the field. This will create prerequisites for their further career in the basic or applied research in chemical and process engineering but also in the related areas, such as material engineering, bio engineering and informatics.
Graduates of this study Chemical and Process Engineering course at University of Chemistry and Technology Prague gain the expertise in transport phenomena, thermodynamics, reaction engineering, continuum fluid mechanics, material engineering and chemical-engineering aspects of environmental protection.
Specialized knowledge includes applied informatics, mathematical modeling, numerical methods, non-linear dynamics and programming for scientific and technical computations.
The graduates find jobs in applied research and development in chemical, pharmaceutical, bio-engineering and advanced material industry, including management of the research and development. The graduates are also successful in academic work at technical universities, research institutes and academies of sciences.
- Mass Transport Processes
- Engineering Kinetics and Heterogeneous Reactors
- Process and System Engineering
- Dynamics of Nonlinear Chemico-Physical Processes - from Oscillations to Patterns
- Engineering of Polymeration Reactors
- Bubbles, drops and particles
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The application period begins on February 15th
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 11 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Master Diploma with Diploma Supplement Only certified copies of the originals are acceptable, i.e. stamped by the educational institute, officially translated into English (where applicable) and verified according to the international agreements.
- Recognition of previous education certificate (nostrification) shall be submitted by the enrolment day at the latest.
- Letter of motivation.
- Certificate of English language knowledge.
- Signed CV.
- Copy of your passport.
- Recent Health certificate >(not older than 2 months) confirmed by an official health institution.
- Application form signed by your doctoral thesis supervisor.
International2900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2900 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2900 EUR per year during 48 months.
70 700,- CZK per year
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.