PhD students are an integral part of the academic life of MU’s Department of Psychology ; the Psychology programme from Maynooth University aim to deliver high-quality supervision and to produce research of international quality. Structured support is offered through transferable skills modules and specialist modules to provide students with academic and professional skills needed for employment and career progression within, and outside of, academia.
The structured PhD is a research oriented programme associated with a wide range of career options, depending on subject area. Your prospective supervisor will be able to offer advice on specific career options.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Innovation and Research Commercialisation
- Research Funding Application
- Structural Equation Modelling
- Qualitative Methods
- Nature and Society
- Professional Certificate in Postgraduate Teaching & Learning : Tutors & Demonstrators
- Professional Skills - Thesis Completion and Career Development
- Academic Writing Module
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally, candidates for research degrees must possess a first class or upper second class honours degree in psychology that qualifies the student for eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society or for Graduate Membership of the Psychological Society of Ireland. Graduates of cognate disciplines with a first class or upper second class honours degree may also be considered for postgraduate study; such students should be aware that they will require additional qualifications in order to be eligible for GBC or Graduate Membership of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 48 months.
Part time EU: 4330 EUR
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.