Towards that end, the structured PhD programme offers a framework which facilitates independent research, whilst providing milestones for measuring progress.
Students of the Law programme from Maynooth University will be equipped with methodological and analytical tools for advanced research in law through a number of taught modules across the Faculty. These will be supplemented by periodic one-on-one supervision meetings. Students will also have opportunities to actively engage in other aspects of academic writing and publishing during the course of their education. In addition, the Department of Law’s research seminar series offers a constructive forum for presenting and debating research.
The skills acquired during the programme of doctoral study will prepare students for a wide range of careers including academia, private industry, and public service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Craft and Logics of Social Research
- Professional Certificate in Postgraduate Teaching &
- Learning: Tutors & Demonstrators
- Personal Development and Employability Module
- Finding Information for Your Thesis
- Academic Writing Module
- Advanced Communication Skills (Conference Presentation)
- Advanced Communication Skills (Publication)
- Seminar Series
- Legal Research Methodology
- Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEuropean Law Civil & Private Law Business Law
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should ordinarily have a master’s degree in law. Candidates with a 1st class undergraduate degree will be considered in exceptional cases.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 48 months.
Part time EU: 4330 EUR
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.