Successful completion of these programmes will equip the student for further academic work and for employment in heritage, libraries and related institutions. A completed PhD is the necessary requirement for and gateway to advanced academic work, in teaching and in reserach. Medieval Irish is offered at Maynooth University .
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Old Irish Language
- Learned Literature Of Medieval Ireland
- Developing Research Skills In Medieval Irish Studies
- Middle Welsh
- Readings From Early Irish Literature
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 3 other Masters in History in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A student beginning a PhD will have a postgraduate degree such as MA or MLitt honours, and will normally have a First Class Honours in Medieval Irish and Celtic Studies in the BA or an equivalent qualification from elsewhere.
- A good knowledge of Old Irish is required in order to enter a research degree in Medieval Irish. Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
Part time EU/EEA 4330 EUR/Year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.