The Doctor of Social Science at the Maynooth University is designed to:
- further progress the commitment of the Department and the University to combining the highest levels of academic achievement with excellence in professional education by educating flexible, innovative and skilled practitioners who can contribute to development of theory and practice in youth work, community work and the realisation of rights for marginalised groups.
- enable experienced practitioners to undertake original, rigorous research in youth work, community work and rights based contexts that contributes to the development of their disciplines.
While the participants on the DSocSc will be skilled professionals on entry to the programme, experience over the four years will prepare them to further advance in their professional and academic careers in the areas of senior management, policy development, teaching and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social science, the social professions and the foundations of social research
- Social Research Debates & Processes
- Participatory and Feminist Analysis and Research
- Critical Debates in Practice
- Research Design
- Professional Practice: Perspectives on Education, Development, Gender, Diversity and Conflict & Mediation Studies
- Governance, Organisations, Leadership and Change
- Realising Rights: Social Policy Debates & Issues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All candidates should hold at least an MA or equivalent level 9 academic qualification, ideally in a social science discipline.
- They should have a minimum of five years post-qualifying professional experience in youth work, community work, social policy or rights and social change work.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.