The research profiles of staff members are varied, covering cultural and literary analysis with particular emphasis on: Chinese nationalism and quest for national identity; the conflict and communication between China and the West; China’s sport policy and practice; Chinese martial arts; comparative philosophy; philosophy in literature; Chinese Buddhism.
The Chinese Studies programme at the Maynooth University equips students for a number of career paths. These include: teaching at various levels (including university), advisory functions in economic and cultural exchanges between China and Ireland (or Europe), business, politics, publishing, materials’ development, adult education and support, further study at postdoc level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Innovation and Research Commercialisation
- Research Funding Application
- Professional Certificate in Postgraduate Teaching & Learning: Tutors & Demonstrators
- Approaching the Past
- Professional Skills - Thesis Completion and Career Development
- Academic Writing Module
- Conference Organisation
- Work-based Placement
- Research Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 5 other PhDs in Languages in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- MA in Chinese Studies (with at least a II.2 degree respectively), or equivalent.
- Students who do not hold an MA or equivalent qualification (only admitted in exceptional cases) may be required to take modules from the SMLLC MA programme. Students may, in consultation with their supervisor and the Head of School, take additional MA modules.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Part-time EU: 4,330 Euro
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.