The BZH study office of the Heidelberg University coordinates the Biochemistry graduate program and helps with any questions concerning the program. It keeps the files of the doctoral students and confirms the participation in the graduate program upon completion. A certificate from the BZH will be issued along with the doctoral diploma from the faculty.
FeaturesPhD Biochemistry Program students and students of other graduate programs who perform their doctoral thesis in one of the BZH research groups must also register in the BZH-study office. Participation in HBIGS and other programs will be accepted. Please consult the BZH study office for details.
- BZH department seminar
- BZH lecture series
- BZH meeting with poster or oral presentation;
- Journal Club series
- Method courses
- Soft Skills Training (project management, scientific writing, presentation and communication skills, etc.)
- Teaching of undergraduate students, lab practical or course
- Scientific meeting, summer school with personal contribution (poster or oral)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for this program you have to meet one of the requirements listed:
- You have acquired a master of natural sciences in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or another natural science (e.g. chemistry or physics).
- If this master is not strongly bio-related your supervisor might have to testify that you have sufficient working knowledge in your respective bio-topic.
- You have acquired a Staatsexamen in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- If you have acquired an excellent FH (Fachhochschul-) Diploma in a related field, you have to pass a Qualifying Assessment
- The bachelor-degree alone is generally not sufficient. In special cases exceptions may be considered.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.