The College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago offers course work that leads to the Master of Education in Special Education organized around four domains of study: foundations, development and disability, research, and assessment. The degree can also lead to the Learning Behavior Specialist I licensure/endorsement, the Learning Behavior Specialist II endorsements, or the MEd degree only; and the Doctor of Philosophy in Education: Special Education.
- Urban Contexts and Educational Research
- Introduction to Educational Research: Paradigms and Processes
- Introduction to Educational Research: Designs and Analyses
- Essentials of Qualitative Inquiry in Education
- Essentials of Quantitative Inquiry in Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
96 from the baccalaureate or 64 from the master’s degree.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 26 other PhDs in Special Education in United States
- Applicants are considered on an individual basis. Applicants must submit transcripts from the last 60 hours of undergraduate work and from all postbaccalaureate work.
- Tests Required GRE General; a minimum of 300 on combined Verbal and Quantitative.
- Letters of Recommendation Three letters from faculty members or others familiar with the applicant’s previous academic training, academic and research ability, and experience.
- Personal Statement This required statement must address the applicant’s professional and scholarly goals and research interests.
- Interview If being considered for admission, the applicant will be required to participate in a face-to-face or phone interview with faculty.
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7227 USD per year during 24 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.