The Sustainable Energy programme at Hamad Bin Khalifa University is a doctoral program with a focus on topics related to sustainable energy and the impact urbanization, transportation and manufacturing have on energy sustainability.
- The programs also look at the implications and drivers of sustainable policymaking on society, the economy, and the environment.
- A key component for both degrees is original, guided research in energy science, technologies and policies that support sustainable development.
- The multidisciplinary approach to the curricula allows for engagement in cross-disciplinary science and builds fundamental knowledge that evolves with developments in the energy field, equipping graduates with the tools needed to pursue a wide variety of career paths.
- Three core courses
- Three semesters of graduate research seminars
- 36-credit research thesis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy
- Applicants seeking admission to the PhD in Sustainable Energy should have a have a master’s degree from a recognized university with a strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent) in science and engineering disciplines. Students from architecture, urban planning, business, economics, policy, and social sciences demonstrating strong analytical skills will also be considered. Applicants with prior research experience are preferred.
- Applicants are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- Applicants are required to submit a GRE score at the time of application Applicants coming from an economics, policy and other social science backgrounds may submit results of the GMAT exam as an alternative to the GRE.
International25063 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75190 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National25063 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75190 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
QAR 273,750 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.