The Biological and Biomedical Sciences programme from Hamad Bin Khalifa University offers students an education that provides them with an advanced level of knowledge – particularly in applied areas of biological and biomedical sciences – and helps them develop critical and independent reasoning skills.
CHLS’s Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS) PhD program are multidisciplinary graduate programs that aim to train the next generation of leaders in biomedical sciences.
- The exploration of a rigorous curriculum designed to provide a strong foundation, as well as cutting-edge knowledge in both the theoretical and applied aspects of biomedically relevant areas of biology.
- The development of vital professional skills, such as clear verbal and written communication and critical evaluation of others’ work.
- Students will be exposed to state-of-the-art basic, clinical, computational and translational life sciences research.
- One mandatory foundation course
- A minimum of five elective courses
- Participation in departmental seminars
- Participation in the BBS journal club
- Dissertation research and laboratory training (minimum of six semesters)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Bioinformatics
- Applicants seeking admission to the PhD in Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS) must have a master's degree from a recognized university. They must have an excellent academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA) with a strong background in science and evidence of coursework in biological or medical sciences. Prior research experience will be seen as favorable.
- Applicants are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 in order to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- Applicants are required to submit a GRE score at the time of application.
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application.
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an academic referee.
International18797 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75190 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
National18797 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75190 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
QAR 273,750 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.