The Computer Vision from the Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence studies how an image is created, the geometry of the 3D world and high-level tasks such as object recognition, object detection, and tracking, image segmentation and action recognition. Computer vision has important applications in augmented/virtual reality, autonomous cars, service robots, biometrics and forensics, remote sensing and security and surveillance.
Upon completion of the program requirements, the graduate will be able to:
- Master the fundamental knowledge of computer vision and develop expertise in several specialized areas of research in computer vision.
- Grow expertise in comprehending existing literature, apply reasoning, and master necessary skills and techniques to develop novel ideas that are recognized by the experts of the computer vision discipline.
- Apply advanced problem-solving skills to analyze, design and execute innovative solutions for the existing and/or new problems faced in both industry and academia.
- Highly skilled in initiating, managing and completing technically challenging computer vision projects and be able to clearly communicate concepts, highly complex ideas and key findings in the form of technical reports, scientific publications and oral presentations at relevant technical venues.
- Research Communication and Dissemination
- Human and Computer Vision
- Geometry for Computer Vision
- Visual Object Recognition and Detection
- Advanced Computer Vision
- Advanced 3D Computer Vision
- Neural Networks for Object Recognition and Detection
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 4 other PhDs in Artificial Intelligence in United Arab Emirates
- The track from BA to PhD, GPA is 3.5 and GRE is required
- The track from BA + MA to PhD, GPA is 3.2 and GRE is optional
- Bachelor’s degree in a S.T.E.M field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and other relevant Science and Engineering majors, from a university accredited or recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education (MoE) which demonstrates academic distinction in a discipline appropriate for the doctoral degree.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in S.T.E.M fields such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and other relevant Science and Engineering majors, from a university accredited or recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education (MoE).
- Applicants must provide their completed degree certificates and transcripts (in English) when submitting their application. Senior-level students can apply initially with a copy of their transcript and expected graduation letter and upon admission must submit official completed degree certificate and transcript.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Full scholarship including 100% tuition fees, accommodation , health insurance and other benefits.
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All admitted students are granted upon acceptance the privilege to complete their study with a full scholarship including 100% tuition, a monthly stipend and many more benefits. However, and in order to maintain their scholarships, stipends and other benefits, students are expected to maintain high academic standing, comply with the university code of conduct and fulfill certain requirements during their study tenure.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.