The track is based on functional and market based requirements and focuses on quality, environment, safety and sustainability. During the programme, you transfer results into technological innovation in industry and society. A methodological approach, who tackles the always present uncertainties, always comes first.
The two years lasting PDEng programme in Robotics from University of Twente (UT) combines academic research in a professional context with education in a range of related subjects. It consists of three blocks: a block professional development, a block with in-depth and broadening courses and the technological design project. These blocks with a total of 120 EC can run parallel to each other.
The block with in-depth and broadening courses can partly be tailored to the technological design project. Gained skills in professional development and gained knowledge from in-depth and broadening courses are employed in the design project. During the design project, you transfer results into technological innovation in industry or society.
Employers of graduates of this PDEng programme are often the organizations were the trainees do their design assignments. The branches of these organizations vary from large multinationals to smaller companies in the industrial, maintenance and medical sector.
- Systems Design & Engineering
- Modern Robotics for PDEng
- Modeling and Simulation
- Design Principles for Precision Mechanics
- System Identification and Parameter Estimation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Candidates will be tested based on these selection criteria:
- CV candidate, with special attention to: results MSc; other diplomas, courses; and years and type of work experience (if applicable)
- Motivation candidate, with special focus on demonstrable affinity with design and multidisciplinary assignments
- Professional skills, such as English language skills, communication and interpersonal skills, teamwork, initiative and self-reflection
- Letter(s) of recommendation senior / graduate professor
Living costs for Enschede
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.