In 4 years at the Electrical Engineering department from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) you will become an excellent, independent researcher. A professor will assist you in conducting in-depth, groundbreaking research in the field of your choice. You will work together with other research groups, industrial partners and research institutions, depending on the subject of your research. After successfully defending your dissertation, you will be awarded the PhD title.
A PhD program offers you a great deal of freedom to conduct research into socially relevant topics. You can develop your ideas in an environment with good facilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research groups include:
- Center for Care & Cure Technology Eindhoven (C3Te)
- Center for Quantum Materials and Technology Eindhoven
- Center for Wireless Technology Eindhoven
- Control Systems
- Eindhoven MedTech Innovation Center
- Electrical Energy Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- you must be familiar with the theory and methodology of your field of study
- a Dutch master's degree (old-style doctoral degree) or a foreign equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Candidates that are not hired by TU/e, are required to pay an annual bench fee of € 10,000. This bench fee covers the costs for education and supervision.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.