Students in the Public Health Education program at American College of Education will develop the competencies necessary to address public health issues in local, national and international communities, without the completion of a dissertation. The dynamic connection between research, theory and practice prepares graduates to be leaders and experts in public health education through research-intensive coursework.
- Advanced Coursework: You will learn how to conduct and interpret evidence-based research to create, implement and evaluate innovative programs and solutions for complex public health concerns. Students will take courses on policy and leadership in public health, integrating principles of cultural competence, equity, ethics and social justice to address public health concerns on a local, national and international scale.
- Transferable: If you choose to continue your education, you can apply most of the credits earned in this specialist program toward our Ed.D. in Public Health Education to save time and money.
- Flexible: Study on your schedule. Our online format allows you to plan your coursework around your life.
- Comprehensive Approach: To fully develop your skills in Public Health Education, courses will cover a wide range of topics, from behavior change to fiscal management to principles of epidemiology.
- Theories and Principles of Behavior Change in Health Education
- Fundamentals in Health Education
- Foundational Leadership in Health Education
- Systems, Policy, and Leadership in Health Informatics
- Finance and Fiscal Management in Public Health
- Principles of Public Health and Epidemiology
- Community Health Analysis
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health View 79 other PhDs in Education in United States
- Master's or doctoral level
- Minimum grade point average 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for full admission
- Submit a current curriculum vitae (preferred) or resume
- Submit a goal statement, demonstrating a clear expression of purpose and anticipated personal and professional goals. The statement needs to be two pages in length excluding the title and reference pages
- Complete an interview
- Transcripts that are international and/or not in English must be evaluated through an NACES-recommended agency.
- Texas applicants may only submit evaluations from agencies approved by the Texas Education Agency.
- International applicants must request the course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation report must show that the non-U.S. education is equivalent to the education/accreditation level required for the program.
International6962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12184 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
National6962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12184 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.