The Gender, Culture, and Society programme at the University of Helsinki courses are organized regularly in different fields of multidisciplinary gender studies.
Courses are held mainly in English and are organized both as thematic courses centered on a specific issue or author and as workshop-like courses concentrating primarily on individual PhD projects. .
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Feminist scholarship that matters? Matters where?
- How to Read your Research Materials
- Decolonising Knowledge Systems in the Social Sciences: The Power of Silences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 3 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- degree diploma
- transcript of studies
- language proficiency test result
- approval by supervisors and members of the thesis committee
- certified official copies of your degree diploma, transcript of studies and official translations of these documents (if needed)
- language proficiency test result (original)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.