Mining Engineering at Nazarbayev University focuses on the development of an in-depth understanding of the nature, implementation and evaluation of mining engineering principles and applications together with the growth of research skills.
The overarching aim of the program is to develop high quality doctoral researchers who are ready and able to make a lasting contribution to addressing scientific, technological, economic, societal and environmental challenges of global significance.
Upon completion of the PhD program, students will be capable of designing and conducting independent, innovative, original and high-quality research related to a variety of topics in mining engineering.
- Industry: Geotechnical Engineer, Project and Contracts Manager, Excavation Engineer, Mechanized Excavation, Drill and Blast, Ventilation, Mining and Civil Constructions such as Dams, Highway, Mine Access and Transportation
- Government: Mines Inspectorate, Research Developer, Leasing, Geological Surveys, Environmental Monitoring, Environmental Monitoring; National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and European Space Agency (ESA)
- Consultant: Project Coordination, Financial Analysis, Equipment Optimization, Mining and Geotechnical Applications,
- Business Development: National and International Consultant, Marketing
- Academia: Teaching, Research, Recognition and Consulting
- Research Methods & Ethics
- Thesis Research
- Advanced Mine Geomechanics
- Current Research Literature
- Advanced Mining Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 3 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Kazakhstan
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a master’s (cycle-2) program in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of a 4.00 or equivalent on applicant’s master’s degree;
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.