The Petroleum Engineering program at Nazarbayev University is designed to provide advanced skills and a sophisticated knowledge base at the expert level for individuals planning a career in academic, industry and research settings in Petroleum Engineering. The program focuses on the enhancement of Petroleum Engineering knowledge by advanced courses and development of research skills at high level.
In addition, program graduates will be prepared for working in industrial and academic environments including positions of university faculty members, senior researchers, engineers and product developers.
- National and international oil and gas companies
- Midstream companies (oil and gas transportation, pipelines design and management)
- Geothermal energy companies
- Research and development sectors in Energy
- Academia as a teaching/ research faculty
- Governmental sectors and private companies as consultant
- Oil/gas and energy startups
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods & Ethics
- Thesis Research
- Advanced Well Engineering
- Current Research Literature
- Advanced Reservoir Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 3 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a master’s (cycle-2) program in a relevant discipline.
- a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of a 4.00 or equivalent on applicant’s master’s degree;
- the required level of English proficiency is an overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.