Petroleum Engineering at Nazarbayev University focuses on the enhancement of Petroleum Engineering knowledge by advanced courses and development of research skills at high level.
By the completion of the program, students will be capable of designing and conducting independent, innovative and high-quality research related to a variety of topics in Petroleum Engineering. In addition, program graduates will be prepared for working in industrial and academic environments including positions of university faculty members, senior researchers, engineers and product developers.
- National and international oil and gas companies
- Midstream companies (oil and gas transportation, pipelines design and management)
- Geothermal energy companies
- Research and development sectors in Energy
- Academia as a teaching/ research faculty
- Governmental sectors and private companies as consultant
- Oil/gas and energy startups
- Research Methods & Ethics
- Thesis Research
- Advanced Well Engineering
- Current Research Literature
- Advanced Reservoir
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 3 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in Kazakhstan
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a master’s (cycle-2) program in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of a 4.00 or equivalent on applicant’s master’s degree;
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.