Humanities at Nanyang Technological University aims to achieve excellence in education and research. Graduate studies in the humanities act as a central feature of this vibrant intellectual life.
Key aspects of graduate studies in the School of Humanities include:
- Global and comparative perspectives
- Broad-based intellectual stimulation
- Multi-disciplinary approaches
- Complex cultural awareness
- Contemporary Asian relevance
- International network of researchers
- English Literature
- Linguistics & Multilingual Studies
- Interdisciplinary Research
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Language Studies Linguistics
- For PhD programme, a Master's degree or good Honours degree is required. All programmes in SoH do not require a GRE.
- For applicants whose mother tongue is not English a good TOEFL or IELTS is necessary. TOEFL/IELTS scores must be attained within 2 years prior to date of application.
- We do not need any TOEFL or IELTS results from people who have Bachelor's degrees from universities (must be at least 3 years of study) where English is the medium of instruction. Documentary evidence must be provided for such cases.
- Candidates will be interviewed by the subject area postgraduate coordinator(s) to assess the applicant’s suitability for postgraduate studies and for a holistic assessment of his/her academic capacity.
- In addition, different subject areas may have specific requirements. Details are available at the subject areas websites.
International14544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14544 USD per year during 24 months.
National6790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6790 USD per year during 24 months.
- Singapore Citizen: S$9,150
- Singapore Permanent Resident S$12,800
- International Student S$19,600
- Non-Subsidised Fees S$38,850
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.