Call for applications is now open!
- Over 200 fully funded positions available
- Scholarship amount: € 18.854,52 gross per year
- Joint research activity with the non-academic sector
- Pre-PhD scholarships available for candidates admitted within the spring session
- participation of several professors identified as potential commissioners for the latest national scientific research qualification;
- professors who are the winners of national research projects;
- a great number of professors holding a bibliometric index which is higher than the median in their scientific field;
- transdisciplinary PhD projects on the subject of Environmental and Civil Engineering, while avoiding both overspecialization and generality;
- many leading laboratories which are of high scientific value in the Italian academic system;
- a long line of numerous and constant partnerships with prestigious foreign universities.
The main objective of this PhD program is to prepare young people who already possess and want to develop their knowledge in the fields of civil and environmental engineering, in which the scientific community shows an increasing interest. This is also with relation to a strong demand – from both society and politicians - for a sustainable development, a proper territory management, a sound use of natural resources and prevention as well as mitigation of natural risks.
Because of the well-known, frequent, serious and urgent problems concerning the environment with its resources and risks, those who graduate in this PhD program will not find difficulty in pushing forward their qualification in the labour market. It is expected that most job opportunities will be in the public sector dealing with territory management, in engineering companies, and in inter/national research centres which address these issues.
- Sustainable demand responsive transport systems (DRT) in developing countries
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced seismic protection systems for traditional and timber structures
- Circular economy in the building and construction sector
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Nonlinear solid mechanics
- Some basics of the analysis and mitigation of landslides risk
- The polar oceans and global climate change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The call for admission is divided into two separate sessions. The application deadline are on:
- February 11 for the spring session
- May 13 for the summer session
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 4 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Access to PhD courses in Italy can be only achieved by participating in the Calls for Application. At Politecnico di Torino, PhD candidates are admitted after the evaluation of academic qualifications and the following oral interview: as a matter of fact, your skills are evaluated by analyzing your academic and scientific curricula and by the mandatory interview with the Selection Committee.
- You can participate in the Call if you have a Master of Science or if you are planning to obtain such degree by 31st October. In addition, it is required an international certificate of English language (IELTS 5.0 or an equivalent one).
- The GRE General Test will not be required only for students who apply for a CSC scholarship.
- The first Call for Application will be open from 25th January to 11th February. If you are planning to apply for the CSC scholarship, this will be the only useful Call, because if you are admitted as a PhD candidate, the Doctoral School Office will provide you with a pre-admission letter around 15th March: this document will have to be attached to the documents needed for the CSC scholarship application.Furthermore Politecnico di Torino signed an agreement with the China Scholarship Council in which it was established that CSC will provide 5 scholarships for students who are willing to attend the PhD at the Politecnico!
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
The administrative fee is 161 euro.
PhD scholarships can be with own research topic or with predefined research topic.
The gross annual amount of the scholarship is usually € 15,343.28, but the Politecnico di Torino has chosen to further enhance and promote the value of PhD programmes, increasing the amount of the scholarships to € 18.854,52.
All candidates compete for scholarships with own research topic, unless they explicitly waive their right to receive them.
The scholarships with predefined research topic are associated to particular research topics for which specific skills are required. Those applicants interested in one or more scholarships shall carefully verify which are the field of research and the competences required, as specified in the scholarship descriptive sheet and contact the relevant scientific referee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.